This little case scenario is supposed to show you the advantages of Mjum app, and introduce its core functionalities.
Some days ago I cooked this amazing beetroot recipe from the magazine 'slowly veggie!'. It was so good that I want to keep it in mind for another cooking session. This is where Mjum becomes my app of choice.
I open the Mjum app and go to the action menue to scan my recipe. I make a photo of the magazine and wait until the scanning process is finished.
After the OCR scanner has processed the photo, I select the ingredients and the cooking steps with the cropping mask.
After the text is processed, I correct the the errors in the texts where it has not been correctly transferred. Still way easier than writing down the whole thing.
I take the photo directly from the magazine, because it looks a bit better than my own result to be honest. Then I share it with my buddy Marv, who is my partner in crime when it comes to cooking sessions.
He sends me a recipe recommendation of a gratin he has baked the other day and I decide to use Mjum app's web import, to try it out later.
By simply pasting the URL into the in app browser, I open up the receipe and wait a second until the content gets taken over. As soon as the 'Add' button gets activated, my recipe can be loaded in my cooking book.
When we took over Mjum as a project, we realized, that the architecture of the app did grow with the amount of features, that have become possible. Thats why we decided to do an analysis of the current state.
Through the analysis we where able to offer new architecture alternatives.
The old App Flow was full of yellow introduction screens, which were disturbing the onbording flow. Thats why we also worked on a more playful and interactive onboarding.
To make the OCR scanning process in the app more clear, I build a prototype to replace the native iOS loader.
We changed the visual aestetics of the App from an heavy and UI weighty appearance to a more lighter content first UI (Left: Mjum App mainscreen before we started the project, on the right the new cleaner version).
Later on in the project, I was responsible for the transmission of Mjum iOS to the Material Design Language.